Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My pregnany diet

Some say that a gluten free diet is healthier and better for you. While I will admit it is generally a healthy diet, it may not be the best diet for everyone. Both Trent and I have noticed that I haven't gained as much weight this pregnancy versus Chloe's...which makes me feel good. Though it makes us wonder how it is really affecting our baby girl. Every appointment, she is doing great and keeping on her development track. We just hope and pray that she won't be celiac or gluten-intolerant like me. I think this diet is easier as an adult rather than a child. You better understand things and sometimes it's easier to avoid those 'questionable' foods. 

In the last few weeks, I've occasionally tried a few gluten foods only to feel the side effects later that day or through the night. Being 8 1/2 months pregnant, I can usually distinguish the difference between pregnancy and gluten symptoms. Not fun! I am very grateful though for a wonderful husband who stays up with me and does all he can to comfort and ease my pain! 

On the brighter side, Trent always makes sure that I have some sort of treat or yummy snack in our house that I can eat. Each week, he is so willing to make me some muffins or recipe that we stick in the freezer! Lately, I've woken up in the middle of the night hungry and these muffins have saved both of us! Heavenly Father is watching out for me and my diet even though some days I'd rather eat regular food! We are so blessed that pregnancy is working with my gluten-free diet and hope it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment