Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas treats

Christmas is a wonderful time of the year in many different aspects. Like I mentioned on my other post, you have festive music, birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, fun Christmas lights and yummy treats...as long as you can eat them. I remember last year was very hard especially since we weren't sure what was going on with my health and diet. It was difficult to watch others eat and feel left out OR I would just give into the temptations and get sick later.

December is a hard month with all those yummy goodies and trying not to feel sorry for myself. On the positive note, it helps me eat healthier and not too much. I have a wonderful husband and mother who go up and out of their way to make sure I still have similar treats like the others. Gluten-free treats don't usually taste the same (or course, they don't), but that doesn't mean we can't try. To me, it is just the thought and love they show by finding me another goodie.

I will admit that this Christmas season is a bit more easier to keep my diet in control and find things that I CAN eat. When you take the time to research and do your homework, sometimes it makes the whole world of difference! I'm not saying I don't miss all the yummy treats I used to be able to eat and not get sick from....because I do. Occasionally, I will take a small bite of Chloe's or Trent's just for fun and enjoyment...the hard part is not eating more! But that's where I'm grateful that I'm only gluten-intolerant (for now) and can take those seldom bites. If I were true celiac, that would NOT be an option!

Anyways, I'm grateful for all those who have helped me and Trent on this new adventure as it hasn't been easy! Some days are really hard and very emotional. Although, I know I'm not alone either - I have many family and friends to help me on this journey. I also have my Savior Jesus Christ who knows what I'm going through and will always be there for me! We're not fully convinced that we know any solid answers. But we do know that this gluten-free diet is working fairly good at the moment. After pregnancy and life adjusts with another child at our house, we will look into our different options.

No comments:

Post a Comment