Sunday, May 26, 2013

Banana muffins

Last night, Trent and I made some yummy banana muffins with rice flour for me! When I went to pull them out of oven, my hopes of a delicious gluten-free treat diminished! They looked brown and burnt! My wonderful husband rushed in the kitchen and reminded me that my food is going to look different now. He even tasted a little bite and reassured me that they tasted very good! I wasn't convinced until I bit into one this afternoon!

YUMMY!!!

I'll admit that this gluten-free diet is not an easy thing for me. I love crackers, muffins, granola bars, bagels, and lots more gluten-filled foods! But I've learned what Aunt Ann once told me when she said that one day I won't want to eat those certain foods. In all honesty, I didn't fully understand what she meant nor did I want to restrict my diet. You simply can't stop eating foods that you've eaten your entire life....at least that's what I thought. Anything is possible.....no matter how hard it sometimes seems!

Many days, I feel like I'm eating the same things over and over again. My poor husband told his former co-worker that we tend to have lots more Mexican food lately. True. Mexican food is much easier to cook when dealing with gluten-free dishes! But Trent is an easy-going guy and Chloe loves cheese! So, it hasn't been too bad lately!

Anyways, back to the banana muffins! I'm so happy that I have a healthy treat in the freezer that I can quickly warm up! Some days are hard when I can't eat the same things as Trent and Chloe without feeling sick afterwards! Thanks to Aunt Ann for the rice flour and yummy recipes! Hopefully, I can have more gluten-free treats (and healthy ones) around so I come out on top of this diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment